A Call To Action, or CTA, is a word or words that urge a reader to take an immediate action. These CTAs can look something like the following: “Call Now!” or “Shop Now!” or “Click Here” or “Find Out More Here”.
CTA’s work in such mysterious ways. Well, actually, they work in a subliminal way. Most of the time, we as users, are unaware of the fact that we have been carefully guided to a checkout page. This is all done by a well-planned marketing strategy and subliminal messaging (and a few sprinkles of fairy dust).
CTA’s can benefit both the user and company in various different ways:
• CTA’s give users quick and easy links to the places that they really want to go.
• CTA’s give companies a chance to promote sales or services quickly and effectively.
• CTA’s in Social Media is a great way to get creative with your Marketing for users scrolling quickly through their feeds.
In modern marketing strategies, CTA’s have a very prominent presence in so many types of campaigns:
• Social Media Marketing strategies or SMM use CTA’s a lot of the time.
• Email Marketing campaigns especially use CTA’s for promoting absolutely anything.
• Affiliate Marketing strategies rely very heavily on CTA’s as the industry is primarily e-commerce based.
• Normal company websites use CTA’s to guide users to the contact page or wherever they need the users to go.
• CTA’s can even be used in a speech: “Is this really how you want to spend your money? I have a better way – listen up!”
There are so many ways to use CTA’s in marketing – just pick a strong verb, provoke emotion or desire, give the user FOMO, get creative and watch the magic happen. Now that you know a little bit about CTA’s, be on the lookout and maybe get a little creative with your own marketing strategies.